SLIDER

Just a Little Train Ride

Monday, June 24, 2013
My husband has wanted to try the Front Runner to Salt Lake City for some time now.  Well, turns out today was the day.  He's a pilot and to understand a pilot is to understand their way of thinking.  He's always thinking airplanes and airports.  (I guess we are alike in that regard, seeing as I'm absolutely obsessed with photography.)

Anyway, whenever we go on a road trip, if there is a municipal airport around, we will inevitably stop and see it as part of our 'sightseeing.'  Today was no different.  I was happy to go, both to ride the train, and to have an opportunity to shoot.  He wanted to see what, and how long it took, to get to the airport by rail. 

 {I also used it as an opportunity to become more comfortable with my big girl camera hanging around my neck all day.  It just occurred to me today that when I actually AM a tourist in some unfamiliar city, I have absolutely no problem carrying it around.  So why am I so afraid in my own city?}

Waiting for the Front Runner at the Ogden Station...


Not a lot of people on board from Ogden but it got busier the further south we went.

(taken with my phone)

Before boarding Trax for the airport, we stopped for a late lunch/early dinner at one of my favorite places - California Pizza Kitchen.

LOVE their bread...


and their Margherita Pizza.

Then it was off to board Trax.

At the airport station we just waited inside until the Trax headed back to the Gateway Station. 


And back on board the Front Runner for home.

All in all a good day.  Learned a lot and I've decided I'm going to do it again.  Only next time, I'm taking my daughter and sisters with me and we're going SHOPPING!!  :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design