SLIDER

Sad....

Friday, March 8, 2013
It's been a big day for me.  Today was my first full day after retirement.  What was very surprising, even to me, was the fact I had mixed emotions about the whole thing.  I have been anticipating this day for over a year.  It couldn't come soon enough!  Things at work were, well, let's just say it wasn't always fun anymore.  But I have a lot of friends out there.., after all, we spent more time together than we did at home.  We were like family and I am going to miss them all.

But now it's time to start a new chapter and I hope to make the most of it.  Now that I am retired I can actually carry my camera with me every day so I have decided to try and get back to my "365 Challenge."  I hope to take at least one picture a day and in doing so greatly improve my photography skills.  I feel like I have come a long way since I began this journey (obsession) but I know I have a lot more still to learn.

I'm also working on some projects to 'officially' launch my little photography business and see where that takes me.  So stay tuned. 

I know we tend to want to capture only the really special, fun moments in life but sometimes we should capture real life.  This picture sort of sums up how I was feeling all day.  lol  After his nap, our little bubba was pretty sad.  Of course, as toddlers will do, he cheered up shortly after this shot.  (I have to admit it took 3/4 tries to get this shot since I basically put my camera on the floor and hoped it focused on him and not the background.  lol)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design