SLIDER

Off Camera Lighting

Monday, March 11, 2013


One of my many goals this first year of retirement is to learn about off camera flash.  I’ve been trying to avoid it because, at least for me, natural light seems so much easier.  Of course, if that were really true, all my natural light shots would be perfect, right?  Unfortunately, that is not always the case. 

Recently, I had the opportunity to do a little newborn shoot.  I learned a lot from that shoot, not the least of which is, I needed to control my lighting better.  I actually kept getting in my own way.  I had invested in a little off camera lighting equipment but didn’t know how to use it.  Fortunately for me there were lots of helpers around to hold my reflector but I know I could have done better. 

I have another newborn shoot coming up in May and I hope to be better prepared.  For the next couple of months, I’m going to experiment and figure out how to use it.  If anyone out there stumbles upon this post and has any tips for me, I welcome them.  :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design