SLIDER

Snowstorm = scary drive

Wednesday, May 1, 2013
When we woke up there was 4 inches of snow on my car!  Not good.  But we could see some sunshine so we got everything together and headed out.  


Last thing we saw as we exited Casper Wy, was a van that had apparently slid off the road and rolled down an embankment.  Did not give either of us a warm fuzzy.  But we had to get home no matter what so we kept on going.  

For the next two hours I white-knuckled it through icy/snowy roads, snow blowing straight across the road causing white outs on occasion and semis blinding me as they passed me on the two-lane highway we were on.  It was pretty scary.  But once we were headed south it wasn't long before we got out of the worst of it and it was pretty smooth sailing from there.

(phone pic taken by my sister)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design